Thursday, March 02, 2006

Winter Virus

It's been one of those weeks. The flu seems to be running rampant all thro' the schools and there are so many kids off sick. At the moment, one of those is my youngest daughter. She's had a fever on and off all week long, along with swollen glands and an upset stomach. It's been 5 days now. From what I here this is not unusual from what a lot of the students are coming down with at school.
This morning I woke up with some of the same symptoms, and it was all I could do to crawl out of bed. I just felt so sick. To top that off, I woke with a terrible cramp or charlie-horse in the calf of my leg. Even now many hours later it is still quite painful. Thankfully my hubby was here and able to take care of a few of my responsibilities and I was able to crawl shivering, back under the bed covers and sleep till noon. Both of my dogs curled up beside me and helped keep me warmed. I joined my daughter on the couch for the afternoon, and haven't been able to get anything done around here. I sure hope that this is one of those 24 hour, passing flu's at least with me. I just have too much going on that needs to be done, and company coming on Saturday. Right now, I'm going to crawl back into bed. Hope no one else comes down with this nasty virus! It's not very nice at all.

1 comment:

mo said...

I love it when I can just be sick in bed. When there's someone to take over all of the necessities that are my responsibility. Husbands are great for that. Hope you get better soon.